Sentient Bean has you covered

By Jessica Kean, Staff Writer

Open everyday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., the Sentient Bean continues to prove itself a cozy hangout spot with everything college students could want: Wi-Fi, coffee, organic food and entertainment.

As customers step into the shop, smells of warm coffee and spices with rich aromas embrace them. Various local art is displayed along the walls, visible from an assortment of seating options.

Visitors will find classic tables which make for great places to set up laptops and catch up on studies, or couches perfect for a chat with a friend. Outdoor seating is also offered.

The café is located across from the south end of Forsyth Park and attracts a variety of crowds. Armstrong student Hayley Young ordered the Queso No Queso with cheese, stating that, “on a scale of one to ten, it was a twelve.”

Along with delicious food, patrons can sip coffee guilt-free knowing that the Bean only serves organic and fair trade coffee. The Sentient Bean also has multiple performances per week courtesy of local artists.

“I had a frozen mocha and I loved it. It ensures that you have high quality food that is not at the expense of slave labor,” Fen McConnaughey from Athens, GA commented.

For cravings from light pastries to wholesome paninis, this entirely vegetarian restaurant is the perfect downtown location for college students to study and enjoy a sophisticated environment.