Meet Arts Music & Theatre marketing director Evan Goetz, owner of Savannah Stage Co.

By Garrett Cummings

Evan Goetz is a man with one busy schedule. When he isn’t teaching Speech Communication, he is organizing events as the Art Marketing Director for Armstrong’s Fine Arts department. He also holds the position of Creative Director for the Savannah Stage Company.

Goetz grew up in the neighboring state of South Carolina. After attending Gaffney Senior High, he decided to major in Theatre at Limestone College where he received his bachelor’s degree. He then transitioned to SCAD where he earned his master’s degree in Performing Arts.

After graduation, Goetz became a professional actor working in the Atlanta area. Knowing he wanted to make his own productions, Goetz moved back to Savannah and started the Savannah Stage Company from the ground up.

Despite having a full schedule, the speech communication professor finds time to direct shows for Armstrong’s Theatre program. His directorial debut  “Spooky Dog and the Teenage Gang Mysteries,” a humorous parody of the classic Saturday morning cartoon “Scooby Doo”, written by Eric Pilner and Amy Rhodes, sold out within hours of tickets going on sale.
Goetz  plans to continue working at Armstrong and expand his company in the future.