Elise Taylor takes us along the RBG Celebration

Elise Taylor, Multimedia Journalist

“I Believe Week” is a week that highlights the struggles, strengths, and successes of cis women, trans women, and non-binary people who have paved a way for survivors of discrimination and oppression in the work place.

Last week, the Parker College of Business hosted a celebration of the life and works of former U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg. 

“I think it really helps, when people can see someone like them. A woman, a small jewish woman, a black woman, achieve great success. I think it can be very motivating. It’s really great to see people like you in positions of power,” said Stephanie Sipe, a professor of legal studies in the Parker College of Business.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was the second woman to sit on the U.S. Supreme Court and she pushed for the equal protection of women into the law. 

At this event, you could find a timeline detailing her life and accomplishments as well as pictures and explanations of the many famous collars she wore. 

Two movies were shown in classrooms at the event, one being The Notorious RBG documentary.

Students also got the chance to answer trivia questions for a chance to win prizes and were offered cake and refreshments. 

“You can inspire different women to also become powerful in this world and impact other young women in this world too so I thought it was very nice to go here and learn about her,” said Sophomore Devine Brockinson. 

RBG’s legacy will continue to be celebrated by many people for years to come.