Baseball’s Rocky Start

This season Eagle baseball has been starting off pretty sluggish. In the Eagles first 11 games this season,  they’ve won 4 to give their worst start in over 10 years. This weekend Georgia Southern faced off against 21st ranked Campbell. 

The first game this weekend earned the Eagles their first top 25 win of the season. But in the next two games, Georgia Southern fell short to a different Campbell team, who went on to win the weekend series.

“It was a tough loss today, tuff weekend,” said Head coach Rodney Hennon. “I feel like we were in a position to win the series the kids are competing but we gotta find ways to win ball games especially on our field,” 

On Sunday’s final match against the Camel’s The eagle’s put up a good fight, from Ty Fisher heating up the pitching mound to Corey Dowdell’s many home runs but this wasn’t enough as Campbell came out on top after they scored 6 consecutive runs. 

“I think our starters have done a pretty good job and have been pretty consistent there but we’re looking for some guys to step up out of the bullpen,” said Rodney Hennon.

The Eagles next series is next week against Radford for alumni weekend, and as they dig deeper into their season we’ll see if they’ll set things in order.