Rams and Vikings Face Off on Thursday Night in Battle of NFC Heavyweights

By: Ethan Smith, News Editor

es15173@georgiasouthern.edu

The Rams and Vikings will open week four of the NFL season on Thursday night in Los Angeles.

The Rams, entering this game, are coming off of another impressive win over the Los Angeles Chargers. They are 3-0 and hitting on all cylinders entering this matchup. RB Todd Gurley is having another amazing start. He has posted four touchdowns throughout three games along with two 100-plus yard rushing games to his effort. The story early on for the Rams has been its defense, which allows a league-low of 12 points-per-game.

ToddGurley
RB Todd Gurley after a solid run. Photo by Kelvin Kuo. AP

The Vikings on the other hand have had a wild start to their season. The Vikings are coming off a terrible 27-6 loss at home to a hapless Bills team that seemed to have no fight in the first two weeks. Sitting at 1-1-1, the Vikings need a win in Los Angeles on Thursday night to get back on track. QB Kirk Cousins has proved his worth through the first three games by posting nearly 1,000 yards, 7 TDs and only 2 INTs to begin the season.

This game will most likely have an impact on the postseason in the NFC. The Rams look like real contenders and the Vikings will be in the mix based on talent alone when it’s all said and done. With the short week, the Rams clearly have an advantage with no travel involved. The Vikings will have to find a way to overcome the loss to the Bills and shut down Todd Gurley and the high-powered Rams offense, making for an interesting matchup on Thursday night.