Dive-In to GSU’s movie night

Erika Richards

Georgia Southern University will dive in head first into the movie “Ride Along” on Friday at the RAC pool at 8:30 p.m.

This unique event will be hosted through collaboration between University Programming Board, Resident Housing Association and Campus Recreation & Intramurals.

Students have a choice of either taking a dip in the pool or sitting back and relaxing in floats that will be provided, all while getting to meet new people and enjoying a great movie .

“Ride Along” is a relatively new movie about an aspiring police officer Ben (Kevin Hart) who joins his cop brother-in-law James (Ice Cube) on a 24-hour patrol of Atlanta in order to prove himself worthy of marrying Angela, James’ sister.

Paige Rahn, senior, public relations major and vice president of public relations said, “People should definitely come out, it is not often that you get to watch a movie and swim in the pool. Plus it’s free and it’s something to do on a Friday night.”

Steven D’ziama, senior business major and late night committee chair for UPB, said, “This collaboration is a great opportunity to meet new people and show off what the campus has to offer.”

Nyra Simmons, junior psychology major and member of UPB said, “This event is put on for the students and it is their fees at work, students should take advantage of it.”

Simmons said, “Tell a friend to tell a friend to bring a friend. It is going to be a lot of fun.”