GS student debuts fashion line with positive vibes

Alexis Hampton

STATESBORO — Jalease Turner, a Georgia Southern University marketing student, debuted her first clothing line at “Uncivilized Society: A Fashion Extravaganza” on Friday.

More than 100 students gathered in the William Center to support the show and its featured creators.

The fashion show featured student creatives such as designers, models, singers, rappers and dancers.

Turner originally put on the fashion show as a project for her marketing class, allowing young entrepreneurs to come together, create and showcase their talents, but it turned into an opportunity to show students her own creativity.

The line is called Treasure Trunk and is available for purchase now, upon request.

Treasure Trunk features colorful sweatshirts with positive phrases such as “Pray” and “Love Thyself.”

Turner said her goal with this line is to spread positive vibes throughout her generation and remind people that things will get better.

Not only did Turner show off her designing abilities at the show, but she also performed an original song as her artist persona, Soul Tree.

As Soul Tree, she doesn’t have anything out yet, but she plans to release something in the future.

Turner said, “It still doesn’t feel real. This whole process has been [crazy], so I’m kind of still on that high, but it feels good.”

Alexis Hampton, The George-Anne News Editor, gaeditor@georgiasouthern.edu