If You Like _ _ _, Try _ _ _: Music Edition

Listening to the same songs over and over again can get boring. Similar artists bring that same vibe you want but add a lot of musical variety to your playlist.  Try listening to these different music choices the next time you want to switch it up.

Rap

If you like “Because the Internet” by Childish Gambino, try “AcidRap” by Chance the Rapper.
These rappers have a similar laid-back, mellow flow that other rappers usually don’t. The lyrics on both albums and confident and witty. You can listen to their rap while doing work without getting hype and unfocused. The rappers have a good collaboration song as well, ‘The Worst Guys.’
But be careful, both artists can be vulgar and explicit in some songs.
[quote]“I like both albums. They have a relaxing vibe. It’s not going out at night music though…more like just chilling in your room type of music” said Darius Williams, a junior engineer major.[/quote]

Must listen on “Because the Internet”: ‘3005’
Must listen on “Acid Rap”: ‘Cocoa Butter Kisses’

R&B

If you like “Confessions” by Usher, you’ll like “Kaleidoscope Dream” by Miguel.
These artists are classified as Contemporary R&B. While Usher has been in the game for a while now, Miguel is relativity young to it. Both artists bring a smooth flow to their songs. The songs are mostly romantic (sometimes sensual) and make you want to sing along to every lyric.
Must listen on “Kaleidoscope Dream”: ‘Use Me’
Must listen on “Confessions”: ‘Confessions’

Country

If you like “Get Closer” by Keith Urban, you’ll like “Bring Back the Sunshine” by Blake Shelton. Bring Back the Sunshine is an upbeat country album. The songs are energetic and lively. The whole album is fun and playful, with a bit of humor. Perfect for a summer road trip with a group of friends.
[quote]“Blake Shelton is one of the only country artist I really listen too. I like the beats and most of his songs are easy to catch on…my favorite song on the album is ‘A Girl,'” said Evann Henderson, a senior physical science major.[/quote]

Must listen to on “Bring Back the Sunshine”: ‘Neon Light’
Must listen to on “Get Closer”: ‘Long Hot Summer’

Pop

If you like “Unorthodox Jukebox” by Bruno Mars, you’ll like “Talk Dirty” by Jason Derulo. Talk Dirty is fun to listen and dance to. Both albums are energetic and upbeat, great music for after parties or a girls’ night. ‘Wiggle’ is a hit off of the album and will be sure to keep you dancing.
Must listen to on “Unorthodox Jukebox”: ‘Locked out of Heaven’
Must listen to on “Talk Dirty”:  ‘Wiggle’ (feat. Snoop Dogg)

Next time you’re trying to find something different to listen too, but don’t want to go too far out you’re comfort range, check out these great albums.